Solving the puzzle of wealth management.
Working with Capital Financial Planners, you’ll discover we live by the principle that identifying and prioritizing the important pieces of life’s puzzle is the most effective strategy to living life optimally.
Values and Vision for Your Wealth, Strategic Planning, Tailored Investments, ESG/Socially Responsible Capabilities, Monitor and Review Portfolios, Multi-Generational Planning.
Retirement Transition Planning, Sustainability Analysis, Distribution Strategies, Social Security Strategies, Collaboration with Your Insurance Team.
Collaboration with Your Legal Team, Trust & Estate Services, Charitable Planning Strategies, Estate Tax and Gifting Strategies, Beneficiary Coordination.
Collaboration with Your Financial Team, Tax Minimization Approach, Portfolio Coordination, Tax Law Updates.
Personal Meetings, Phone Calls, Virtual Meetings, Social Media, Website, Email, Newsletters, Client Events and Client Advisory Board.
Your Existing Professional Network, True Internal Partnership Structure, Third-Party Resources, One Call Concierge Relationship.
Services for Trustees
Serving as a fiduciary, whether that is as a Trustee, a Conservator, or a Personal Representative, can be a very challenging and sometimes a long-enduring responsibility. Someone, usually a relative or dear friend, had a great deal of confidence in your character and capabilities when they nominated you to take on this role. But it’s not a role most people perform often and it’s vital that the job be done properly and efficiently. Although we can’t do it for you, we do know how to do it and we’re here to help.
With our unique experience with trusts, estates, and conservatorships, and our knowledgeable and compassionate approach to client service, Capital Financial Planners can offer to the non-professional fiduciary assistance with:
- Investments & Asset Management – Fiduciary accounts such as irrevocable trusts, conservatorships, and even some estates, often require special care and expertise. We have the right knowledge and experience for this.
- Portfolio Review – To confirm the assets have been properly titled, beneficiary designation properly made, and review of non-security assets.
- Administrative Advice and Counsel – Although we cannot provide legal or accounting advice, we can assist a Trustee with many basic, day-to-day administrative tasks which a Trustee may need to perform. We are familiar with the governing regulations such as Uniform Trust Code, the Uniform Principal and Income Act, and the Uniform Prudent Investor Act.
- Discretionary Distributions – While the ultimate authority to make distributions resides with the Trustee, we are available to offer our financial analysis and recommendations regarding the possible effects that distributions may have on an account.
- Collaborative Estate Planning – Thoughtful and effectively executed estate planning is a critical aspect to one’s financial life. While we cannot serve as the Fiduciary, and we are not lawyers or CPA’s, we recognize the importance of each party fulfilling its role in harmony with the others. With our deep connections in the estate planning community, we know who to call when assistance from another professional discipline is needed.
Lastly, in working with us as an Advisor, the Trust will receive expert service, non-legal administrative counsel, and experienced investment management services at a level of expense often less than what a corporate Trustee might charge, but you as the non-professional Trustee remain in control. Our management fees start at 1% with a minimum account size of $500,000.
It takes time, knowledge, and skill to be someone’s fiduciary, and it often takes a team working behind that person to make sure it’s done right. We’re ready to be an important part of that team.
Give us a call if you’d like to talk.
We are a fee-only advisory firm focusing on investment management with a financial planning approach. Our goal is to manage assets and wealth holistically to meet the objectives of the client, and to do so in a manner which provides confidence and peace of mind. Our investment process is collaborative, disciplined, effective and explainable.
We believe in investing with purpose. We construct portfolios for each of our clients based on their specific goals and circumstances. We encourage diversification as a hedge against an uncertain future and adequate liquidity to deal with the unexpected. We monitor the investments for performance and continued appropriateness, and contact our clients if we see a need for change.
While a client may not request that we focus on every aspect of financial planning, we make an effort to approach each client situation keeping in mind the investment, retirement planning, estate planning, tax planning, and other broad financial aspects that may be related to their situation while focusing on the specific issues raised by the client. Because we believe financial planning leads to prudent investment management, financial planning is generally included with our investment management services at no additional charge.
We encourage a complimentary visit to determine whether we are the right fit for your needs.